Do you ever feel your back get tight and try to alleviate the tension by “cracking” your back by yourself? While it might give you some immediate relief, doctors strongly advise against doing this because of the negative long term side effects. This is a great article from Emma Webster on the topic!
Do you find yourself waking up, feeling groggy and exhausted in the morning? It could be that you are not getting the restful sleep that you need. It is a problem that many of us face and lack of sleep can have a big impact on your of life, including your health! Here are some great tips to keep in mind if you are looking to get better sleep tonight!
- Make sure that you are in an environment conducive to sleep.
- Your pillow and mattress quality are really important!
- Exercise and meditation can work as sleep aids.
- Your diet can impact how you sleep.
- Don’t become dependent on traditional sleep aid medication
- Find a solution to your (or your partner’s) snoring problems!
For more details on the above points, check to our February newsletter!
The 2018 Winter Olympics have begun and it will be an exciting two and a half weeks! Watching the international competition is always an inspiring experience. The dedication these athletes have to their sport and the amount of athleticism they posses is truly remarkable. It really demonstrates the amazing capabilities of the human body!
Have you ever wondered how these athletes are able to train at such an level? They put an enormous amount of strain on their bodies and are still capable of performing incredible feats! Most of these athletes see a variety of doctors, therapists and trainers that help to keep them in shape, including chiropractors! Many top athletes rely on chiropractic care to help treat injuries, alleviate pain and even allow for better performance! Follow the links below for more information.
Consuming the recommended serving of leafy greens can sometimes be a challenge when you grow bored with eating them. Changing up the way that you eat your vegetables can really get you inspired and motivated!
Check out this great article for more ideas!
With the winter weather in full swing, many of our patients find themselves shoveling their sidewalks and driveways frequently to clear them of snow and ice. While this is an unpleasant chore, it is a necessary one and it is important to make sure that you keep yourself feeling great and your back in good shape before, during and after this exercise. Here are a few tips to remember when you head out to shovel!
- Choose the right build and style of shovel. A light shovel will make the job easier and one that is the right size for you will reduce the amount of bending and lifting you will have to do.
- Shoveling snow is an exercise and it is important to make sure that you are properly warmed up before you begin, just like with any physical activity. Doing some stretches for your legs and back and a few jumping jacks to get your heart pumping is a good way to start.
- Make sure you use proper lifting techniques. Bend in your hips and lift with your legs, not your back to avoid straining!
- Know your limits and pace yourself. If you don’t think you have enough strength to complete the job in one go, take a break and come back to finish the job.
- If possible, use a snow blower. You are less likely to injure your back when using a snow blower if it is used properly.
If you do happen to injure yourself this winter, be sure to come in and see Dr. Nick for an adjustment and treatment to get you feeling your best again!
For more information check out this article from Spine Health!
You may be surprised to learn that the benefits of massage therapy extend beyond relaxation and sore muscle relief. A medical massage is an excellent addition to many chiropractic treatment plans, as therapeutic massage is a great way to focus on treatment of the body’s muscular system.
If you are looking for more information on the benefits of medical massage, click on the link below to read an article from the Cleveland Clinic, written by Tracy Segall BA, LMT.
Give our office a call or visit our website to request a massage appointment with one of our Licensed Massage Therapists!
We love when patients leave us great feedback on their experience in our office! It is wonderful to hear how much better our patients feel after receiving chiropractic treatment!